Thursday, November 12, 2015

Service Learning Blog #3


After attending multiple service learning events throughout the semester I've realized that they are not only interesting, but very rewarding. Vising  the Lord's Acre two different times made me more comfortable with the entire gardening process. The second time around there wasn't any worry of not being able to garden properly. It was also really helpful knowing the people that worked there already. I find the group at the Lord's Acre to be very welcoming and they are always willing to help with whatever the class needed. While at the garden the group I was working with tended to complete tasks very quickly so I was able to learn how to do many different tasks necessary for the upkeep of a garden. I learned how to plant strawberries, cut kale, and cut up spices. In the second picture I went to the learning kitchen and learned how to pickle peppers. Working with Lydia really showed me the great resources that the garden gives the school. Lydia also provided us with kale and mushrooms which turned into a nice snack when the group was waiting for the peppers to finish pickling. I haven't tried the peppers yet, but the mushrooms and kale were delicious. I enjoyed working with all of these different people and learning all of these things that I wouldn't have learned otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad this has been a good experience for you, Kilee! I always worried that I wouldn't be any good at gardening until I started doing it. I think that's the only way to learn :)

    ReplyDelete